Monday, September 27

A Chronicle of my Baking Adventures

I love to bake.  However, my repertoire is limited and safe.  Without being too Julie & Julia, I’m on a never ending quest to broaden my baking skills away from Toll House Chocolate Chip cookies (not that I don't loooove a chocolate chip cookie).  My basic objectives include: 

·         Using new ingredients
·         Trying new techniques
·         Learning from the masters
·         Sharing with my friends

I hope you enjoy! 

Here is a picture of some Oatmeal Cookies from The Moosewood Restaurant Cooking for Health cookbook.  They are my absolute favorite oatmeal cookie.  Instead of raisins, cranberries are used which adds a much more intense flavor.  The recipe is less sweet than the traditional oatmeal-raisin variety, allowing you to really appreciate the flavor of the cranberries, walnuts, and of course, chocolate. 

No comments:

Post a Comment