Monday, October 25

Birthday Cupcakes!

Happy Birthday to the most wonderful person in my world - my girlfriend.  To celebrate, I made some red velvet cupcakes:


The taste was really delicious.  The only problem was the red coloring.  I used a recipe on Martha Stewart's website.  Although I used gel-paste red food coloring rather than liquid, I definitely needed some more.  I've never made red velvet anything before, and I didn't want it to be too artificial looking, so I hesitated before adding more food coloring.  I should have trusted by instincts and added another tablespoon, but otherwise, the recipe was a success.  See the process below:


The batter:

You can see the reddish tone, but I should have used some more food coloring. 

Un-frosted cupcakes:
Kind of red, but only if you use your imagination.  I like this picture of the spooky Halloween cupcake liners

Cream cheese frosting...I'm so proud, I used my own recipe:




And finally, the decorated, finished product:

No comments:

Post a Comment