Saturday, October 23

National Chocolate Cupcake Day

So last Monday, October 18, was National Chocolate Cupcake Day.  To celebrate, I made some chocolate cupcakes, of course!  Sadly, they were not my best work.  While they look delicious, the taste was kind of sad.  The cupcakes themselves were just kind of boring.  Like they came from a box or something.  Which was surprising since Sarah and I sampled the batter, and it was so yummy!  I read that cupcakes often come out dry because of their small size, so I'm on the hunt for a moist, yummy, chocolate cupcake recipe.  The frosting recipe came from King Arthur Flour's website.  The frosting was really good, but the combination was just too rich.  I'll keep this frosting recipe in mind for a lighter cake in the future.  Here are the pics!  



Do you like the cupcake liners?  They are Martha Stewart Crafts Halloween Blood Splatter Cupcake Wrappers by Martha Stewart Crafts.  They are very spooky and fun.

While these cupcakes aren't my favorite, I'm glad I got some practice in!  Sarah asked for some Red Velvet Cupakes for her birthday.  So I'll be whipping them up today. 

1 comment: